ReviewsNo reviews yet
If you seek adventure and connection with nature, then this trek is for you. You will walk below the magnificent mountain of Salkantay, one of the highest and most stunning in the Peruvian Andes, giving you an experience like none other. You will then discover Cusco, the ancient capital of the Incas, and the impressive historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Trek along the trail of one of the most impressive snow-capped mountains of Peru
- Discover the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu
- 24/7 concierge service to book reservations at the best restaurants, cultural events and more.
- Get unlimited access to all of our Virtual Experiences!
- GUIDE: Spanish and English-speaking guide.
- ACCOMMODATION: Two nights of accommodation in Cusco, two nights at the campsite, one night of accommodation in Aguas Calientes and two nights of accommodation in Cuscos.
- MEALS: Daily breakfast starting on day 2. Lunch on days 3, 4 and 5 during the Salkantay trek, and on day 6 in Aguas Calientes. Dinner on day 3 and 4 during the Salkantay. Dinner on day 5, only will be included for passengers in First Class and Luxury hotels.
- TRANSPORT: Private transfers from and to the airport. Shared transfers from the hotel to the starting point of the Salkantay Train to Machu Picchu round trip in Expedition service (PeruRail).
- ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES: All the visits mentioned in the above itinerary: Coricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo and Puca Pucara in Cusco; Salkantay and Machu Picchu.ay 6.
DAY 1: CUSCO ARRIVAL
A transportation service and guide will pick you up from the airport to take you to your selected hotel. Take it easy and plan the day on your own. If you want to jump straight into it, we can book alternative activities for you.
DAY 2: TOUR OF CITY AND ARCHEOLOGICAL SITES
Enjoy a guided tour of this charming city, including the Santo Domingo Convent, a large baroque complex that was built over the Inca Coricancha temple.
You will also visit Cusco’s Cathedral, the Inca fortress of Sacsayhuaman, the temple and amphitheater of Qenqo, and the red fortress of Puka Pukara.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cusco. If you want to visit Cusco’s top-rated restaurants for dinner, we can help you with reservations!
DAY 3: SORAYPAMPA AND ANDENES (18km – 8.5 hours)
After breakfast, you will be picked up to travel to Soraypampa. We will take a short break in Mollepata before ascending a winding mountain road to Soraypampa.
From here on out, the journey will be by horse. We will stop at the Salkantay Pass to enjoy the views of the snowcapped peaks of the Vilcabamba Mountain Range, where Andean condors can be seen.
We will have lunch in Wayracmachay and then continue descending along the left bank of the Salkantay River. The landscape becomes increasingly green here, changing from the highland to jungle. You will observe butterflies and striking orchids along the way to the campsite: Andenes. You will set up camp and have dinner.
DAY 4: ANDENES AND LUCMABAMBA (19km – 7.5 hours)
Today we will hike along the Santa Teresa River Valley, passing through banana, granadilla, avocado and coffee plantations. A picnic lunch will be served along the way.
After lunch, we will hike for about 2 hours before a private vehicle meets us for a 30-minute drive to the start of the Llactapata Inca Trail. Once on the trail, we will make our way to Lucmabamba, the last campsite. Our host, a local family, will do a coffee process demonstration and tasting before dinner.
DAY 5: LLACTAPATA & AGUAS CALIENTES (12km – 5.5 hours)
From here, you will have a spectacular view of Machu Picchu Sanctuary and will also have lunch at this scenic viewpoint. The final descent begins to the Aobamba River through lush bamboo forests, orchards and coffee plantations. Once at the Hydroelectric Power Station, you will board the train to Aguas Calientes where you will spend the night.
*Dinner is included for itineraries with First Class and Luxury hotels.
DAY 6: TOUR OF MACHU PICCHU
After breakfast at your hotel, you will take a short bus ride up to Machu Picchu. The guided tour of the sanctuary lasts two hours and at the end, you have free time to explore the place at your leisure, or simply relax and meditate.
You will have lunch at Café Inkaterra in Aguas Calientes before boarding the train to Ollantaytambo. Then, a private vehicle take you to your hotel in Cusco.
DAY 7: CUSCO CITY
Have breakfast at your hotel. Take it easy on this day to acclimate and plan the day on your own. If you wish, we can book alternative activities for you. Do you want to visit one of Cusco’s top-rated restaurants? We can help you with reservations!
DAY 8: CUSCO INTL. DEPARTURE
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport where a guide will help you with your international departure.